Consider what eCommerce marketing would seem like without email…
Isn’t it hard to picture it?
E-commerce marketing can be summarized in three words.
Interact, notify, and promote.
In this blog, let’s explore email marketing for eCommerce, effective email marketing tools for eCommerce and tips.
What’s Involved in ECommerce Email Marketing?
Email marketing for eCommerce is one of the most effective ways to generate leads and drive traffic to your store. By using targeted email campaigns, you can capture the attention of potential customers and convert them into customers faster than ever before.
eCommerce emails are of two types.
After a buyer completes an activity on your website, transactional emails are sent to them automatically. These emails could be purchase or shipment updates.
Promotional emails are either sales-related or educational. A sales email could be a targeted campaign designed to drive conversions, whereas an educative email could be a newsletter.
Why Should Businesses Consider Email Marketing for eCommerce?
E-commerce businesses can benefit greatly from email marketing.
According to studies,
Additionally, email marketing can be used to market new products or services, build databases, create brand awareness and foster customer relationships. By using email marketing, you can reach a large audience quickly and efficiently.
What types of eCommerce emails you can send?
A welcome email is sent to new customers after they’ve completed the checkout process. This email can contain information about your products, special offers, and any other relevant information.
In addition to offers, it’s a good idea to establish expectations with customers by telling them how frequently they can anticipate hearing from you in the future as well as the type of content you’ll send.
Loyalty email is an email marketing campaign that rewards customers for signing up for your emails and clicking through to your website.
Rewards could include early access, unique deals, or anything else unique to your program.
It’s a great way to keep your customers engaged and coming back, and it can also help to increase traffic to your website.
Re-engagement emails are a great way to keep your inactive audiences engaged with your brand.
They can be used to remind people about
- Upcoming sale
- Make purchases
- Signup for email
- Product release or
- Abandoned items in their cart.
Re-engagement emails should be sent periodically, and they should be tailored to the customer’s interests and needs.
You can send anniversary emails to celebrate any kind of occasion, such as
- First sign-up
- First buy
- Or other special events.
People like these emails because they are all about the user.
Consider asking a customer’s birthday when they first sign up with you.
Tips for your anniversary email:
- Giving a special gift.
- Using the message’s subject line to alert recipients that there is a gift inside.
- In order to increase CTRs, hint at a secret gift in your email.
True to their name, promotional emails inform customers about a sale or special offer.
The goal is to direct a customer from their mailbox to your web page. You can
- Make your offering and the benefits clear for the customer.
- Make use of copy and photos that help the recipients to picture themself using your product or service.
- Then include a clear CTA that is easy to click on.
Post-purchase emails are email promotions that are sent after a customer buys something.
“Thank you for your order” isn’t the final stage of the customer lifecycle. It is a step ahead.
The following targeted emails are instances of post-purchase emails.
- Order confirmations
- Coupon code offers
- Or shipping confirmation emails
Review request emails
Receiving feedback is critical for any ecommerce store, especially those that want to be customer-focussed.
These emails not only allow you to comprehend how your consumers engage with your purchase flow and products, but they also give you useful social evidence to use in other messaging to persuade customers to buy from you.
Cart abandonment emails
Customers may quickly lack interest and abandon their carts.
Other reasons may include hidden costs during the checkout process like
- Shipping charges
- Complex checkouts, and
- Mandatory sign-ups.
Send them a personalized cart abandonment email to remind them that their potential purchases are still available.
You may even send cart abandonment emails with promotions or discounts to decrease shipping charges to entice users to take action.
Price drop emails
Price-drop emails can be sent to people if you recently reduced the cost of an item or categorization in which they were interested.
You can create lists to gather users who are keen on
- Particular products
- Items in their cart or
- Items viewed.
This way, you tempt users to buy the product by sending them price-drop emails.
Back in stock emails
A back in stock email notifies prospective consumers that an item they were interested in purchasing is now back in stock.
This email’s purpose is to:
- Bring customers back with in-demand products.
- Improve the touchpoints you have with these consumers to persuade them to come back and purchase from you
- Establish an intense connection with them and add delight to the experience.
What are some effective eCommerce email marketing strategies?
Some quick eCommerce email marketing tips for your campaigns
Automate emails at key touchpoints
You can use your eCommerce email marketing strategy to send automated emails when a customer does a specific activity.
Marketing automation has the highest conversion rate among ecommerce email marketing tactics because it is so timely and relevant.
- You can configure cart abandonment emails to be sent when a visitor leaves your site without purchasing.
- You can also send an automated winback email if a customer hasn’t ordered anything in a reasonable amount of time.
Choose the right email frequency
You should find the right equilibrium between remaining fresh in their thoughts and not displaying so frequently that it becomes frustrating.
You can send out a weekly newsletter or only email your subscriber base when you run promotions or introduce fresh products.
A/B testing can assist you in making decisions depending on the responses of your recipients.
You can experiment your emails by
- Sending feedback
- Customer stories, or
- Behind-the-scenes and so on
Create a welcome sequence
A welcome sequence should always be included in an email marketing strategy for new subscribers.
Welcome sequences usually consist of 5-7 emails.
- Begin with the giveaway or special offer and work your way up.
- Also, before you start writing, contemplate your end goal.
- Determine whether the series is purely relationship building or guiding the reader towards purchasing a product.
With a plan and purpose, the welcome sequence delivers value to the recipient.
Segment your list
The goal of segmentation is to provide your readers with more appropriate information by running targeted campaigns.
You can segment your audience based on
- Purchasing behavior
- Industry and so on
Email marketing for eCommerce produces results when it is planned ahead of time.
When you plan out key emails ahead of time, you won’t be scrambling around each week to find something to send.
It’s a good idea to make a list of any upcoming seasonal events and promotions, as well as any product launches, so you can plan ahead of time.
Re-engage with inactive users
It is a fact that subscribers become inactive. That is why re-engagement email campaigns are so effective.
Re-engagement email writing tips
- A reason to stay in touch
- Develop a sense of FOMO
- Request them to update details
- Include a CTA
- Provide value
Check out more eCommerce email marketing ideas here
Best eCommerce email marketing software
To create an effective eCommerce email marketing campaign, you’ll need email marketing software.
Mailmunch combines landing pages, signup forms, and email marketing to help you collect leads and run email campaigns from a single platform.
- Mailmunch makes it simple to integrate lead generation forms into your website.
- With advanced display rules, you can generate leads from multiple form types and exit-intent popups.
- Drip sequence and automated welcome email series are supported. You can specify the order in which your emails are sent as well as set time delays.
Icegram Express is a cost-effective email marketing solution that allows to build and maintain my email list as well as track campaign KPIs.
The sequence automation tool lets you plan the sequence ahead of time.
- There is no restriction on the number of email contacts or newsletters you can send.
- Add captcha to prevent spam.
- Maintain a fresh email list with no invalid email addresses by segmenting your email list
- Email analytics and key metrics tracking to see how your email marketing campaign is performing.
Hubspot provides excellent tools and reporting for your email marketing campaigns across various channels.
You can use Hubspot’s CRM to store all contact details and entice audiences via signup forms, web chat, and digital ads.
- Comprehensive marketing suite with CRM, social media, blogs, and email marketing functionalities.
- The health tab keeps deliverability rates on track.
- Pay for the connections to whom you are marketing.
Start Planning Your eCommerce Email Marketing with Icegram Express Now
Email marketing for eCommerce is vital to gain new audiences and retaining older ones.
Icegram Express is without a doubt the most effective business marketing tool. It offers creative optin display types, more email templates, and extensive features. Advanced segmentation and automation scheduling ensure high usability.
Icegram Express does not require any additional tools to provide the major email marketing functionalities.
As a result, it provides a trouble-free plugin management experience. Most notably, you only pay for the functionalities that you use.
Get started with Icegram Express today(CTA)
1. What is the most promising email marketing technique for SMBs?
As a small business, you likely have a limited budget and few resources to devote to marketing efforts.
Drive customers with offers
Check out for a detailed email marketing guide
2. Why is email marketing still effective?
It allows businesses to directly connect with their customers through email, which provides a quick and easy way to communicate with them.
Additionally, email marketing can be customized to fit the needs of each individual company.
This means that it can be used to target specific demographics, interests, and behaviours.
3. Why pay a large sum when you can get a variety of functionalities at a low cost?
Icegram Express is the best email marketing tool for eCommerce businesses.
Pay only for the functionalities you require with Icegram and collaborate with an infinite number of contacts.