All About Countdowns…
‘Minute to Win it’ how many of you have seen this game show? Assuming a majority, you will probably agree to the fact of how exciting, thrilling a timer or a countdown can make a situation. It is seen that, a timer not only excites the person that’s subjected to the timer but also the one that’s set it.
Cutting the long story short, I simply want to emphasize on how a countdown can thrill your audience and then compel them to act before time runs out!
For an e-commerce stores, countdowns have proved to be very handy and have grabbed tons of eyeballs. Here are a few examples of how countdowns have been used over the years..
- Show a special offer for a particular period of time.
- Run a contest
- Show a teaser/promote a new product
- Conduct a launch
Countdown + Icegram
Wondering if you can setup a countdown with Icegram? Absolutely yes! you can. Here are some examples
Step by Step guide to integrate Countdown with Icegram
Step 1: Lookout for Countdown plugins
Honestly speaking, there are LOTS of Countdown Timer plugins available for WordPress (both the free and the paid). Here’s an exclusive list I went through.
Step 2: Choose the most suitable Countdown plugin
The features I used to determine the best Countdown Plugin were:
- Available as a Widget
- Available as a Shortcode
- Very easy User Interface and Settings page.
- Sleek, Stylish and Modern designed Countdown Timers.
- Possibility of adding Multiple Countdowns at different places.
My recommendation: Countdown Timer Plugin
Step 3: Integrate the Countdown plugin with Icegram
- Install Countdown Timer Plugin on your website
- Get the shortcode of the plugin
- Copy the shortcode and paste it in the message body of the Icegram campaign.
Over to You
Any issues? Any suggestions? Tried these or any other countdown plugins? Do let me know your experience below..
Here is a step by step walkthrough that can help you do the same.