With over 49,406 plugins and 1.3 billion total downloads, it would be practically impossible to imagine life without WordPress plugins.
Among that, the Editor plugins – Page Builders have proven to be a massive success over the past few years. Page Builders allow anyone to create website layouts rather quickly and which are also mobile responsive . The best part is you need not know coding to use them.
So, without giving a second thought, we did a comprehensive research on these amazing plugins, picked the best ones and penned down reviews to help audiences select the one’s that suit their needs.
These includes some freemium plugins available on WordPress, some pocket-friendly one’s and some third party plugins.
Scroll down for an exclusive list of the Top Best Drag and Drop Editor plugins (Page Builders) for WordPress-
Visual Composer is a very popular WordPress plugin by WPBakery available on CodeCanyon. It’s a visual content builder with an easy to grasp interface, a ton of features and some drag-and-drop functionality.
Visual Composer offers everything you’d need from a visual builder, and it works with your current WordPress theme seamlessly.
- 40+ predefined layouts and templates
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- Front-end and back-end content editors
- Comprehensive knowledge base and video tutorials
- Compatible with qTranslate, mqTranslate and WPML
- Can be enabled for any existing post or page.
- No web development skills required.
- The customer support has a very good reputation.
- Works with WooCommerce.
- Creating rows and columns is a bit more manual.
- It’s shortcodes based. If you uninstall the plugin, the content you’ve built will stop working.
$34 (CodeCanyon Regular License)
Divi Builder is a drag and drop page building plugin included in the Elegant Themes developer and lifetime access memberships.
The user-interface is displayed in your post editor and is really simple to understand. You can easily drag rows and columns into your page and you will find lots of useful options such as copy, paste, undo, and redo. You also have full control over margins and padding.
One of the best features of Divi Builder is the Divi library. It offers many pre-made layouts and it allows you to save layouts, sections, rows, and modules. These can then be used across your website.
- 46 content modules
- Full customization
- Compatible with any theme
- No Coding skills required
- Full control over margins and padding.
- Complete layout spacing control
- User-friendly interface
- The system for creating layouts works really well
- A good variety of content-modules available
- Predefined layouts are very useful
- The library system opens up many possibilities with Divi Builder
- Is not available on its own – An Elegant Themes membership has to be purchased
- Lacks some content modules and can’t extend plugin functionality that are available in other solutions
Included with the Elegant Themes pack.
$89/year OR Lifetime access at $249
Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a WordPress page builder that has been specifically made with a goal of helping users create beautiful pages that converts well, turning your site into a marketing machine!
And the plugin lives upto it’s mark. With over 20+ different elements, easy to use drag and drop feature, inbuilt lightbox support and 100+ pre-built landing pages for all occasions, you already have everything you need for a perfect landing page.
- Completely responsive pages
- Easy drag and drop mode
- Guarantee forms module
- Style families
- Special start ratings
- Works with blog posts, pages and all the custom post types
- Helps build professional landing pages within minutes
- Lags and glitches experienced when there’s a lot of content on the page
- After deactivating the plugin, the whole page appears a blank white page & all the content becomes invisible
Starts at $19/month which also includes other thrive plugins
Conductor is an amazing WordPress plugin that actually blends itself with the current WordPress customizer to offer you options to build and edit your content easily.
Since it is customizer based, there’s absolutely no learning curve, as most of WordPress users already know how to work with the Customizer.
- Insert WordPress widgets into content
- Modify the look of WordPress theme
- Change page layouts
- Zero learning curve
- Page elements styling made easier
- Limited with what you can do
- Can only be used to change page layouts and modify the look of WordPress
Starts from $99
Frontend Builder lets you create beautiful pages and style your content right on the frontend. Everything you build is live, just looks like the way it will look after you publish the page. It’s available on CodeCanyon.
The interface of the plugin is clean, with the elements aligned to the left and the editing options to the right, though it takes out a lot of space from your pageview space.
- Advanced Widgets
- Supports animations, parallax and video backgrounds
- 40+ modules
- Advanced custom styling options
- Lots of Widgets
- Static columns
- Clunky UI