SiteOrigin Page Builder
SiteOrigin Page Builder is a very popular plugin on WordPress. It’s an interesting visual content builder plugin that’s packed with loads of features. However, by far the most interesting characteristic of it is that it’s completely free.
SiteOrigin Page Builder integrates with your current WordPress theme and lets you use the plugin for your posts and pages. The editing happens on the back-end (through the standard editing screen in WordPress). There’s also some drag-and-drop functionality for realigning the blocks.
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- Responsive and mobile-ready output
- You can use WordPress widgets as content blocks
- There’s a set of built-in content blocks, and an additional set of blocks you can get from an add-on plugin (also free)
- Back-end content editing (from WP-admin).
- Available in 17 languages out the box
- It allows you to use the widgets you already have on your WordPress site (including widgets from other plugins)
- Works on any post or page
- No coding skills required
- Slight difficult. For example, to add any element to your page, first you need to create a new row and only then pick a block/widget to place in it
- You can’t import layouts from pages you built previously
Free + Premium addons to improve existing features.
$38 for a single site license
Beaver Builder is a popular and an advanced visual content builder with full drag-and-drop support.
What sets this plugin apart is its custom content editing interface. It’s on the front-end, and it gives you an exact representation of what your page is going to look like when you publish it.
Everything you build with the plugin is going to be mobile-friendly, and it’ll work with your current theme. You also get to reuse your designs by exporting them.
- Compatible with WordPress and other themes
- Real-time drag-and-drop content creator and pre-built pages
- White label option to showcase personal branding across all websites
- WPML support
- Support for WooCommerce storefronts.
- Built-in SEO with markup from schema.org and code compression for easier interpretation by search engines
- Minimal markup as a result of eliminating unnecessary code resulting in faster page load times
- Numerous high-quality modules, widgets, and pre-built pages for quick content creation
- Support for the WPML translation plugin and WooCommerce
- Expensive- The cheapest license is $99
- Layout editing possible only on the front-end
$99 for a single site license
There’s a lite (free) version available on WordPress repository
MotoPress Content Editor
MotoPress Content Editor is a WordPress plugin that hooks up to whatever theme you’re currently using, and then lets you add some flare to your blog posts and pages.
It enhances the standard WordPress editor and enables to build websites visually.
It’s a drag-and-drop content editor, which means that you don’t need any source code or web dev skills to use it.
- 30+ built-in content elements
- Compatible with all themes
- Responsive and mobile ready layouts
- WPML compatibility
- Possibility to lock parts of the content and make it members only
- Can be enabled for any existing post or page. (That isn’t always the case with some other plugins)
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface. It recognizes where you want to put each block, and it snaps right in the right place
- Lets you create multi-column layouts easily (youmon just drop a new element next to an existing element)
- Full Support available
- It’s shortcodes based. If you uninstall the plugin, the content you’ve built will stop working.
- To edit your posts using the plugin, you have to click the MotoPress Content Editor button every time you go to the editing screen
$29 for a single website license
Free version available on WordPress.org
Themify Builder is a user friendly drag and drop Page Builder which offers two editing modes – Frontend and Backend.
What makes it better as a time-saving drag and drop page builder is the 40+ professional layouts that are pre-built into the builder. You simply need to replace the text and images and you’re done!
Themify builder offers a very user friendly, compact backend to quickly build content as well as a frontend to build and instantly have a live preview of how the page will look after publishing.
- Completely Drag and Drop
- 2 Different Modes for editing content – backend and frontend
- Live preview feature
- Quick duplication and undo/redo of elements
- Every imaginable combination is possible
- Very easy to get started
- Provides 40+ pre-built layouts
- Inbuilt builder caching system to reduce server resources and process pages
- Limited elements. Most of the elements are premium.
$39 without bundle addons
A free version available on WordPress repository
Live Composer, as the name suggests is a page builder for WordPress that lets you operate and edit pages on the frontend. It’s a beautiful drag and drop page builder made to help you quickly build pages, edit content and publish it.
30+ Content Modules takes the designing process to the next level. Once you’re well acquainted with the interface, it will then take no time in creating advanced layouts within a matter of few minutes.
- Responsive Drag and Drop Builder
- Frontend mode that shows everything live
- Several content modules are WordPress oriented to insert custom posts,
- 30+ Content modules
- Easy Interface
- Lack of advanced styling options
Free. You need to purchase extensions to add styling options.
Page Builder Sandwich
Page Builder Sandwich is one of the most intuitive drag and drop page builders that works completely on the frontend. No glitches, no hassles; you can build everything quickly, and in real time.
What makes it special from others is the lesser time spent to create, edit and revise elements. When it takes you more than 3 steps to add an image, it takes you just 1 click to add an image in the Page Builder by Sandwich.
- Super quick to use
- Frontend mode with everything live
- Easy resizing columns according to your own needs
- Less resource heavy
- Works well with current pages
- Responsive pages built quickly
- Stress free and fluid experience
- Very simple to use
- Complex UI. Takes time to get acquainted
- Lack of elements
Free version available on WordPress repository.
Other plans at $39 & $89 for single and unlimited sites respectively.
29 thoughts on “13 Best Editor Plugins For WordPress in 2022”
Thank for good collection and hard work..really good post
Simple and Easy Way to use, i liked it very much, thank you Divi
awesome! thanks for listing all advantages and disadvantages
Thank you for sharing such a very useful editor WordPress plugins list. It is very helpful. continue sharing this kind of stuff.
this page subscribe button or the popup subcscribe buttons are not working
Tested this and it works. Please try again and let me know if you could subscribe.
I aggree that I can’t subscribe to see the rest of the article. I tried both FB and Chrome.
Can you please try again?
We have fix this issue.Let us know how it goes?
Thanks for sharing the wonderful Builders with us. I liked Beaver and Divi builder, both are easy to use and great for creating dynamic design of your blog.
Download “yes, want this!” is not working 🙁
Can you please try again?
We have fix this issue.Let us know how it goes?
This doesnt appear to be working in Chrome still
Hi, thanks for this but the link isn’t working on both Firefox and Safari for top 10, can you fix or share new link?
Your form doesn’t work! Tried it on tablet, pc with Chrome and Edge. You should get it fixed.
Can you please check one more time?
It should work.
Thank you so much for this wonderful list.
Thanks for this information. I am looking for a plugin that will allow me to put feature box.
My blog is passionentrepreneurs.com
thank you very much
Good list, thanks. 🙂
Thank you for the appreciation!
Thanks for this great information ??
Thanks for all this great information ?
Very resourceful. Thank you for sharing
Visual Conpersal very nice. I still used.
Thanks you for sharing
Very useful . Thank you so much.
I like the helpful information you supply on your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check once more here regularly. I am fairly certain I’ll be informed many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
This information about wordpress editor plugin is accurate. thanks for this post
Thank you for sharing a very useful editor WordPress plugins list. It is helpful. continue sharing this kind of stuff. 🙂