How to Schedule Cron Emails
What is Cron?
Cron jobs are scheduled tasks that the system runs at predefined times or intervals. Typically, a cron job contains a series of simple tasks that the system runs from a script file.
Email Subscribers provides an option to schedule a Newsletter / Notification email via Cron. In Newsletters and Post Notifications menu, you can set Mail Type option. If you want to schedule mail, you can select Send email via cron job option. If you selected this option, Email Subscribers will not send email immediately instead it will send email whenever your CRON URL is triggered. You can easily trigger this URL automatically using your hosting server.
Steps to note
- Contact your hosting and find how many mails you can send per hour. If they said you can send 50 mails, Set 50 in Email Count text box.
- Where to find my cron URL for Email Subscribers? – To find your cron URL, go to WordPress Dashboard -> Email Subscribers -> Settings -> Cron -> Cron job URL
- Login to your server and schedule the cron job. If you are not familiar with it, ask your Server Administrator / Host Provider to set it up for you.
- Schedule cron emails in cPanel – check from here
- Schedule cron emails for in Parallels Plesk – check from here
- Hosting doesn’t support cron jobs? – check from here
- How can I check if the scheduled cron jobs are properly executed? – Plugin will send one email to admin whenever the cron job is triggered successfully. Check the above screen, there is a option available to change the email content.