How to enable automatic cron in ES
What is Cron?
Cron jobs are scheduled tasks that the system runs at predefined times or intervals. Typically, a cron job contains a series of simple tasks that the system runs from a script file.
Email Subscribers provides an option to schedule a Newsletter / Notification email via Cron. In Newsletters and Post Notifications menu, you can set email type option. If you want to schedule mail, you can select Send email via cron job option. If you selected this option, Email Subscribers will not send the email immediately instead it will send email whenever your CRON URL is triggered. You can easily trigger this URL automatically using your hosting server.
Steps to setup automatic cron Jobs
- Navigate to WordPress dashboard -> Email Subscribers -> Post Notifications
- Select your default post notification and click edit.
- Scroll down to “Select Notification Status when a new post is published”.
- Select “Add to cron and send via cron job” from the drop-down menu.
- Update the template. That’s It!
Email Subscribers cron server checks your pending queues every 5 minutes and it will take care of the email queues you have, you just sit back and relax.
You need not worry if your hosting does not support cron, or if you don’t have cPanel access. We will take care of that. 🙂« Back to Email Subscribers Pro